Stack Overflow has compiled a list of the top 10 programming languages that are loved by its users
Programming languages are the backbone of any software development and are important for the development process. Choosing the right language for the job is a crucial decision in the success of any project. The programming language that is used by a user indicates how experienced they are and also how much they love them.
Stack Overflow is an online community where programmers can ask and answer questions about coding problems, share their knowledge, and help each other out with their projects. Stack Overflow’s annual survey revealed some interesting insights about what programming languages developers prefer and why. In this article, we will take a look at what Stack Overflow found in their survey.
Stack Overflow has compiled a list of the top 10 programming languages that are loved by its users. They are as follows:
1. Rust: Control over low-level details is the main advantage of adopting this system’s programming language. When memory is no longer required and can be cleaned up, Rust decides at compile time, giving you the option of putting data on the stack or the heap. This enables faster memory access as well as efficient memory usage.
3. Python: Even though it’s not the preferred language for consumer applications like 3D games or mobile apps, Python is regularly used by organizations that create these applications for tools and utilities.
4. Kotlin: It is a new language for the JVM, initially presented by JetBrains in 2011. Despite being an object-oriented language that is “better” than Java, Kotlin is nonetheless completely compatible with Java code.
5. Go: Go was created for software engineering. Not every innovation is good, but when a programming language is made specifically for the setup that the majority of us use today—scalable, performance-focused cloud servers—a lot can go right with this programming language.
6. Julia: A high-level, versatile, and dynamic programming language called Julia has many amazing capabilities for applications in data science, scientific computing, and artificial intelligence. Julia includes a wealth of libraries and tools for data analysis and visualization and was built from the ground up to be effective and simple to use.
7. Dart: Dart is a class-based, open-source, statically (and strongly) typed programming language designed by Google for creating online and mobile apps. Dart supports dynamic typing with the ‘dynamic’ type, despite being statically typed.
8. C#: C# is the third most common language used by seasoned desktop and web application developers, according to StackOverflow’s 2017 study. Data scientists and DevOps engineers frequently utilize C# in addition to online and desktop applications.
9. Swift: It is an open-source and general-purpose programming language created by Apple Inc. and was made available in 2014 for Linux and Apple platforms.
Conclusion: The languages that developers desire to use the most but haven’t started using are broken down by Stack Overflow. This list is vastly different from the most popular and dreaded lists, which are made up of languages that software engineers already use regularly.
The post Top 10 Programming Languages that are Loved by Stack Overflow Users appeared first on Analytics Insight.